Thursday, August 2, 2012

First Transfer

Hello!

Well, this last week has been hectic! Probably the most busy week I have ever had as a missionary! Lots of lessons to teach and things to do. We knew transfers were coming up and so I figured I was going to be transferred after being in Manly for 6 months, it still being my first area!  We don't find out about transfers until Saturday night and we leave Monday morning. President usually calls up people who will be trainers and zone leaders on Thursday but we got no call Thursday, Friday, or Saturday so we figured it would be a pretty simple transfer.  Saturday afternoon I got the call from President Howes to be a Zone leader! I accepted it.  So now I'm in a new area called Bankstown and am a Zone Leader for the Mortdale zone. We have 12 missionaries in our zone. Get this! My companion now is one of my MTC companions, Elder Honeycutt! Right now me and both my MTC companions are all zone leaders. Crazy.

I am so thankful for the opportunity that I had to be able to serve the people of Manly for the last 6 months and I am excited now and grateful for the chance that I have to be able to serve the people of Bankstown and the Mortdale Zone.

My core experience with God this last week was being able to speak in Sacrament on my last Sunday in Manly. I spoke just before the temple president and his wife and it was one of the best sacrament meetings I have ever been to. The spirit was so strong and I felt so confident in the Lords work and in the role of the Holy Ghost in teaching and testifying to people. We have had an investigator named Lesley who has struggled to desire to pray and come to church but this last week was a miracle with her. She prayed with us no problem and then showed up to church the next day and received a very warm welcome from the members. I am sure that she will be back next week. To see the change in her over the last few weeks has been amazing. God really loves his children and will give them every resource they need in order to return to Him forever.

Doctrine and Covenants section 121 has helped me a lot lately. I just about have it memorized, just the last two verses to go. I am a Zone leader now which is kind of daunting but it's comforting to have the warning and the guidelines that this section gives to me. At first, my duties look a little unclear but I know that as I exercise persuasion, long-suffering, gentleness, meekness and love unfeigned, by kindness and pure knowledge then my soul really will be enlarged by the Holy Ghost. I look forward to all the responsibilities and things that the Lord has in store for me. I thank him daily for this chance I have to help others so intensely.

Anyway, I enjoyed the email from you guys this week! I did hear about the massacre in Denver! So messed up! Oh and I was wondering how I can vote! Oh yeah, and the number of full time missionaries is actually about 55,000!

Well, I can't wait to hear more next week! Love yous!

Elder Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment