Friday, March 22, 2013

February's Letter

February 18, 2013

Dear Mom and Dad,

So the news on transfers...... nothing! still in Bankstown. It'll be my 6th transfer which will put me here for at least nearly 9 months. Thats a long time! I'm still with Elder Bringhurst too so that'll put us together for about 6 months! I'm pretty excited. Too much good news to share it all in detail but we currrently have 6 people with baptismal dates and probably will set another 3 this week! Crazy stuff. 

The next baptism will be Chelsi, she has been investigating the church for nearly two years now.  She has wanted to get baptized for ages but her parents wouldn't let her. This sunday is her 18th birthday so she's gonna go ahead and finally do it! I didn't think I would get to be here for it but I guess I will :) Pretty stoked!

For my visa situation things should be pretty smooth I think. This transfer is only going to be 5 weeks instead of 6 because we have to allign with the new 2 week MTC program so that puts my departure date at December 3, 2013. About 9 months away from now. Wow, fast!  Sister Hill is going to mail me the Visa papers to start working on this week or maybe next week. I have to go get a physical and some other stuff done first. Worth it though! 

The zoo we went to was just a Australian animal zoo. The big Zoo is Taronga zoo and I went there a while back with Elder Russell. That was awesome, it's right near the Harbour. They do celebrate Valentines day here but we totally forgot about it haha good thing though, keeping an eye single to the glory of God. 

Don't worry, I did send a package home, it's on it's way now. You will love the stuff in there :) This last Sunday was Stake Conference for us. It was pretty awesome, presiding at the meeting was President Thomas S. Monson via Satellite! Also accompanied by D. Todd Christofferson and a few other general Authorities. That was pretty cool to have that live broadcast as our stake conference. D. Todd Christofferson had my favorite talk, it was about 4 different levels of conversion and then he related each level to a scripture character. 

This morning we got to go to the temple :) that was nice, first time is about 5 or 6 months. And you know I like to go a lot more than just that! Are you guys making time for the temple? If not, you should :) 

Anyway, good to hear from you, hope everyone is doing well. I emailed Tia about the anniversary but will you wish her a happy one for me again? Thanks. 

Have a great week!!!

Love, Elder Thompson





No comments:

Post a Comment