Thursday, July 19, 2012

Happy 4th of July

Mom and Dad, 

I love to hear from you two each week. I am sorry to hear about Aunt Debra. It is comforting to know the plan that Heavenly Father has for us. We teach people that death is just the separation of body and spirit. The spirit lives on and the body just waits until the ressurection. I love Aunt Debra and am glad to hear that she went so peacefully. I am grateful to be part of a family with the knowledge and testimony to be able to bear a trial like this. I know that Aunt Debra will be a great missionary in the spirit world and will definitely be taken into a state of happiness. I wish I could be there to help.  Will you send me their address so I can write to them? 

Good to hear about the new job, Mom! Sounds like you will be able to get out and be more active now! That's good! I can't believe how hot it is there! I just realized this week that I spent 3 years in a row of 4th of July away from home. That's kinda a bummer! haha I miss fireworks and BBQ! 

This last week has been pretty good! Pretty fast too! We got a new investigator. This guy who is a busker (street performer). He hand makes his own flutes out of pipes that he collects! It is really cool. He said he can make about $40 per hour on average! Wow I want to do that! hahah sounds awesome. Can't wait to go back and teach him. I think I will get transferred at the end of this transfer. So about 3 weeks left in Manly. In President Simmons last email to me he pretty much told me that. But the new mission president could change that. Ya never know! Still haven't met President Howes yet but we have Zone Conference this Thursday so I look forward to meeting him! Still have no idea where I could be getting transferred though. Got my fingers crossed for Canberra. 

Can't wait to hear how Independence day and everything goes!  Hope you get to meet President and Sister Simmons.  They are awesome. Oh yeah and Sister Sheen has given us cupcakes and Chinese snacks. And Sister Simmons gave us cookies too! Usually enough treats to last us 2 or 3 days. :) 

Love you guys! 

Elder Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment