Thursday, July 19, 2012

One Year

Mom and Dad,
 
It's been one year already haha wow I hit my year mark since going in to the MTC a few days ago. Today is my 5 month mark of being in Sydney. Wow, it doesn't feel like that long at all. 

Right now, it seems like we are doing a lot of waiting. Lot's of people are on vacation and stuff so we just have to wait until they get back to keep teaching. In the mean time though we are spending time looking for new people to teach and also working on strengthening the ward. I am constantly working on Improving my Christlike attributes.  This coming Saturday is President and Sister Simmons last day. I will miss them a lot but I am also looking forward to seeing what happens with a new mission president. I know that you two will love the Simmons!  Thank you for all that you do for me! I was just thinking how great you two would be as a Missionary Senior Couple. You could even be the one's that go around and take care of missonaries houses and stuff. One office couple we have that take care of houses is the Sheens. Sister Sheen is always bringing us cookies and stuff while Elder Sheen fixes things. I could totally see you, Mom and Dad, doing that kind of thing and loving it!!!! 

We are constantly finding people who are interested in meeting up with us again but it's just a matter of that desire of actually following through. It's a bummer when we end up not being able to teach someone but we will just keep working and working. 

Today, we are going golfing with our friend named Gum. He is a member and his partner is a non member and she is awesome! They came to church this week and people were pretty much lining up to meet them. I can always trust the Manly ward to help someone feel at home. I am so excited to go golfing!!!! I love golfing!!!!! I can finally use my new golfing shirt that I acquired here! 
 
I look forward to hearing more next week! I love yous and hope you have a great week! 

Love, Elder Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment