Saturday, June 23, 2012

Happy Fathers Day

Wow! So good to hear that Lila is here and healthy!!! I've been so excited to hear about it! I can't believe I have been gone that long. When I left, Allison was just barely starting to look pregnant and now there's a new soul in our family!! Wow! She is really cute too. I can't wait to see more pictures of her and see how she grows and stuff! Congratulations Tage and Ali! :) You have a beautiful family. 

This week has been a good one for us! Although Elder Ng has been really sick lately we still managed to get some work done. At our baptism just two little boys were baptised. Their grandpa is the one in white who baptised them. The family that we were referred to is a house full of Phillipino people. There are about 8 of them that live there and 4 of them are new investigators now. The only problem is that they will be in the Phillipines for about 3 more weeks.. 

It is really neat to see the change in people as they learn to accept the gospel.  I remember when we first started teaching Decan, he didn't even know what prophets were or what the Holy Ghost, or Joseph Smith was. He now has a better understanding of the first principles and ordinances of the gospel than I did when I was like 16. Decan described how good of a feeling it was to be baptised. He recognizes the Holy Ghost and loves Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father so much! What more can you ask? 

It's been really rainy lately but our finding has still been pretty good. We have met a few people lately who want to learn. One of them lives just on the street that runs perpendicular to our flat's street, he has even read portions of the book of Mormon and is 19 years old. He is a prospective missionary! I just met him down in Manly Corso near the beach. It is so beautiful here! So funny, down in the Corso the other day there was a little kid with cardboard boxes on his head and body wrapped in tin foil and he was standing in one spot doing the robot. hahahahaha he was terrible at it too! You couldn't see his face, he just had a bucket for people to put money in and he was actually making quite a profit. I didn't have my camera with me :( it was so funny though!

On Friday we had our last Zone Conference with President Simmons. It was really good! AHH I don't have my camera with me to send pictures of me with them.. next week. After the conference, Sister Simmons got special permission to hug all the missionaries. It was fun :) You will love her, mom! 

Anyway, this next week should be a good one. All we have to do is work hard and that's where the satisfaction is. There is nothing better than kneeling down at night and telling Heavenly Father that I did my best that day. Getting in bed and knowing that I should have no regrets and feeling satisfied. That's enough for me, if baptisms are the result, then so be it :) Have a great time this week! I look forward to more news and stories! Love you so much! 

Love, Elder Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment