Thursday, June 14, 2012

Happy Memorial Day

Mom and Dad, 

Yeah President Simmons is way awesome! The interview was really fun, we don't really get to see president a lot.. He asked me to give him our home address though so that if he is ever going by Clinton he will stop by and say hello! We didn't have any baptisms yet, postponed again but looking more solid than ever, now! Sounds like you have actually had a really good week! That's too bad that the air show got rained out. I love the air show!!

When I was reading that you had a NUAMES bus driver come help you I immediately knew it was Rob!! Wow! He was one of the coolest guys ever! He always stopped by Tasty's donuts and bought the whole bus donuts, and on fridays usually he would buy the whole bus candy and or cans of soda and every once in a while as we were going home from school he would do trivia over the bus intercom and give prizes to people who knew the answers. Usually it was movie trivia! hahah he even rented out all of Lazer Zone one time and another time a whole theater for the kids to go see Harry Potter! Much much more than a bus driver I'd say! Tell him I say Hi! 

This week has been a good one! It's getting pretty cold here. Since we are low on kilometers on our car that we are allowed to use, we have been doing a lot of walking lately. Which isn't too bad! We get exercise and we talk to everyone as we walk around. It is actually a pretty smart thing to do! I'm learning so much everyday! It's kinda crazy. On the mission it kinda feels like to me there is a constant sense of urgency. It's like you should be doing something every second of the day to fulfill your missionary purpose. Even if we just have to sit in the car for like 5 minutes and wait for someone, it makes you feel sorta guilty hahaha crazy how that works. I never thought I would be a missionary who has a hard time adjusting to normal life, because I like to relax. However, I could see myself now having problems feeling guilty because I should be out tracting or something hahahah. Oh well, I'm not going to really worry about that right now.. 

I'm excited for the rest of my mission! I just recently passed the 4 month mark. still feels like 2 years though but It almost makes me cringe when I realize that I really only have 1 year and 8 months left. Weird. I should be in the Manly area for at least one more transfer after this, so probably about 2 more months. Who knows though? God. Thats who! 

Continue to have a great week and don't forget to send me pictures! Remember to love the Lord with all your heart! 

Love you all! 

Love, Elder Thompson







No comments:

Post a Comment