Thursday, July 19, 2012

Hot Hot Hot

Mom and Dad, 

This week was really good! The actual week felt a little slow and stuff but Sunday was amazing! 3 of our investigators came to church. I've never had that many people come before! I was pretty overwhelmed! The busker guy is named Andre and he actually came to church this week! He really liked it a lot!  

There is a really good feeling in the mission right now. I really enjoyed the Zone Conference/Special training that we had last week. We got to meet President and Sister Howes. They are REALLY GOOD. He is really smart with scriptures and so gentle and loving and so is Sister Howes.  We were all so spiritually pumped up and ready to go. I'm really excited to have them here. I already feel as if I have spent heaps of time with them because we feel so close already. It is going to be a really great experience getting to serve with them. 

The Lord is continuing to bless this area. There was a period of time where a lot of people were on vacation and things but now they are all coming back and the members are starting to really get excited about missionary work. There is one investigator we have named Lesley and she really reminds me of Mom a lot. She is really nice and loves to do gardening! She even baked Elder Ng and I a nice banana cake! This has been a really great first area for me. The members have been so great and I have built a lot of really valuable relationships here. I think I am ready for something new though. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for me on the rest of my mission. The people I will meet. The service I can do. The growth I can experience. I am just so excited for it all! The feeling of working hard is the greatest feeling, especially when it is the Lord's work! 

Sound like things are going really well! July 4th celebration and Antelope by Moonlight sounded really fun. Two things I really miss!

 
I send my love! May the Lord continue to bless you!!

Love, Elder Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment