Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy Valentines Day

Mom,
Last week was really good! We started off with P day and just went to the park with the district to play around a little bit! kicked a ball, threw frisbees, raced with each other etc.. I wore sunscreen but still got a little darkened from it. It was really sunny that day, which is rare of late. It just rains all the time! Wednesday we went to visit a lady.  Yeah so we are going to go try to teach her again this week. while we were there, they gave us "mineral water" to drink, which is just carbonated water and it was disgusting! People here just drink carbonated water! We also went to see a member who stays in a home for like elderly mentally handicapped people. Her name is Lynette. we go visit her every week. We had some dinner at the flat that night, and then that night visiting a family, they made us eat dinner with them too hahaha they feed us so well over/under/out here. Probably too well! I am taking my vitamins though and exercising! Not really losing weight or gaining any, but i'm getting in good shape. we are going to go work out at a youth center today. Thursday we went on exchanges with the Zone leader. So I went to a different area called Dee Why for the day. It was way fun! Elder Tehei was my companion. He is on his last transfer. He actually extended so he has been here two years already. I got some cool pictures with him that I'll send. He is a native new zealander. or a Mauri. Friday we just had a district meeting, and did a lot of tracting and our weekly planning. Saturday was pretty crazy. We went to a funeral in the morning for a guy named Arty. He isn't a member but he was a really good man I guess.  I thought it would be all depressing but they actally had a really loud traditionally dressed african choir, some cool eulogys and testimonies and cookies and stuff to eat. The people were really nice to us and even had some questions for us. I think we planted a seed in a few hearts while we were there. I spoke in sacrament meeting in church yesterday on "faith in missionary work". It was really cool, the spirit really dictated what I focused on. I'm not sure how long I spoke for, maybe 15 minutes or so. We then went to contact all our potential and former investigators and got in contact with one. He was happy to hear from us! Things are really picking up in this area. It's really fun!
 
Thats cool about the temple! You have a TON of names left. Save some for me ;) If I remember right, Jared will be taking his talents to south beach for two years.. (Miami). hahaha  Hooray for tanner clinic! Thats really cool! You are perfect for that job! People will love you! You're days have got to be hectic busy! Wow!  Thats crazy that Tage & Alison are already almost home owners! It doesn't feel like it's almost march yet! They are swiftly coming up on the 1 year mark! Dang. Doesn't even feel like that long. Hope everything works out in their favour!  I really like the name that Becky gave to her daughter! It's really pretty. And thats a really unique spelling of Isabella.
 
Before you know it, by walking those dogs, you'll be like the people here! They walk everywhere, and since there are so many hills they really get a good exercise. I am keeping your pinky promises dont worry! Hopefully the vitamins do my body some good!  I know that the Lord is really helping us out witht the work. It is completely beyond all human power and I'm sure glad that he strengthens us in everything that he asks us to do. I'm looking forward to tia's package! I sent some letters home to friends, but I didn't know that I had to put an air mail stamp on them for it to be delivered faster.. so.. they will probably take forever getting home. Oh well haha, tell anyone that does want a letter from me just to write me and then I'll reply with an air mail stamp haha
 
Dad,
Yeah it's awesome the hard work really is paying off! We should be teaching our investigators this week and leaving them with a commitment so we'll see how that goes! I'm excited! Yeah right haha mom not liking to talk to people? That'll be the day! haha Yeah I have been to tucanos! I thinks it's even better than rodizio grill! Did you try the deep fried bananas??? HOLY COW!!! Yeah my mouth started watering right when I saw the word tucanos.... mmmmmmmmmm  I've tried some interesting things, I did try vegemite. It's really not as bad as people say, but it's definitely an aquired taste! I had a meat pie which was good too. We found one mexican restrurant which we are dying to eat at. There is no mexican food here! I kinda miss them.
 
That's funny that the missionaries spoke last week because I got to speak too! Like I said above. It was a really good experience. I focused a lot of how important it is to be invited and to invited people to church similar to what Elder Sulva talked about! Crazy!
 
Yeah I knew that Tyrell was engaged, I saw him like 5 minutes after he proposed. hahaha He is going to marry Sasha Russell, she is really cool. They are going to have really really really fast kids. (and/or have kids really really fast hahaha). He is supposed to be sending me a wedding invitation card thing so make sure he does that!
 
My Pday is on our mondays but last week it was on tuesday because of transfers, so thats why My emails were a little late. I'm usually online anywhere from 4ish-6ish pm on your sundays.  I really could go for a huge donut right now... that sounds soooooo good! They dont really have a lot of donuts here that i've found. Maybe im just looking in the wrong places though. Today I'm going to go get some oreos. I have been craving them! Anyway, I'll keep working hard and staying busy! The blessings are just so plentiful!  Oh and how are the Jazz doing?? GO JAZZ! hahah alright well I love you mom and dad and keep warm back home for me! Everyone who reads this I love you!! The church is true! Hold fast!
 
Love, Elder Thompson



there's pictures of me at dee why beach, me and elder tehei, a cool ocean side golf course, me climbing a ranom rope on a rock we found, a delicious sandwich i made (ham, mexican tuna, lettuce, mayo, swiss cheese, worcestershire sauce, and tamato sauce) and a cool design i did on sister luatua's guitar. I did the top part, and the stuff on the other side of the strings, the tribal looking stuff, was elder tiave.
 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment