Sunday, April 14, 2013

As the seasons change

March 10, 2013
 
Dear Mom and Dad,

Well it's been another good fast week. Can't believe it's P-day again! We might train into the city today and look around.  It might rain though so we'll see. Things are going really well. We have 7 investigators with baptism dates so that keeps us busy.  The one for this weekend is going to be tricky. Her name is Debby and she just moved from New Zealand. She is 17 and is living with her sister and her sisters partner. She had gone to church before in NZ and wanted to get baptised but her dad is hardcore into this Samoan church and would not allow it. Since she was living here, her sister was her legal guardian and was going to sign for her baptism but her dad just moved here yesterday so we'll see what happens. We have to call her today. She is really awesome and knows the church is true without a doubt. We just have to hope that her fathers heart is softened so that he won't stop her from following her desires to go to heaven. I am amazed at how some parents will support their children if they get into criminal trouble but won't support them in their desires to follow Christ or things they feel are for their good. Hopefully everything works out! I still have hope!

Sounds like everything at home is going well though. Getting warmed up and flowers sprouting. I love all the seasons! There is something I absolutely love about all 4 of them. Speaking of which I have now been in Bankstown for all 4 seasons! I got about half of winter, all of spring, all of summer, and now we're just getting into autumn! This transfer is up in about 2 weeks though so I don't know what will happen. I would just send the package to the mission office again. That's the easiest way to do it.

Elder Kuyler Thompson
Australia Sydney Mission
756 Pennant Hills Road
Carlingford, NSW 2118
Australia

I'm really glad to hear that you are still reading scriptures everyday! Keep it up! I LOVE the scriptures! My P. blessing predicted that and it is right! The scriptures are the thing that bring me the most truth out of anything I could ever study. I have also been reading my patriarchal blessing a lot and really thinking about it and I have had thoughts lately about maybe one day becoming a seminary teacher.... it just feels right and matches everything that is said in my blessing... I'll put more thought into it later but that's just a very deep impression that randomly hit me this week.  What do you think?

I hope you are able to get that flag pole! How tall is it? Could we put up a Layton Hills Mall flag?  That would be awesome hahah but probably improbable.  As for our shopping, we usually do all our shopping on P-day but if we really need something from the store we can use our hour of lunch time to do that. There's nothing that says we can't. :)  

Anyway, I've got my list of things to do written down and I'll get on it. I didn't take pictures of my clothes yet but I have looked at them! The taxes are on my desk, brought them in this morning and just need to sign them so everything is set to go! 

Hope you have a great week and that the weather gets warmer! I believe this week is St. Patricks day so don't forget to wear green!

Lov

No comments:

Post a Comment