Sunday, April 14, 2013

Happy Easter

March 31, 2013
 
Dear Mom and Dad

Happy Easter to you too! This weekend has been a good Easter weekend. There was a special spirit at church as we focused on the ressurection of Jesus Christ. It was also a good first week at the Minchinbury ward! It feels like I have been here for ages!! It's just been a busy week because we were preparing for a baptism. We baptised a Korean girl named Olivia on Saturday. She is a friend of a member and just started coming to church at the beginning of the month. It was such an honor for me to be able to be part of all the final preparations for the baptism and being able to teach the last few important things. Back in Bankstown they also had 2 baptisms of African sisters from a part member family that we have been working with for a month or two. It is so funny that we get so excited over a couple of people getting baptised. Something that the rest of the world doesn't really even care about, but that means so much for the eternities. I just wish everyone had the same awareness of sacred things and hey.. thats what I'm trying to do anyway! haha :)

We had a nice dinner for Easter. They fed us a nice tuna casserole.. I haven't had a casserole in like a thousand years! It was really delicious. and yes we have way too much chocolate. I forgot how much chocolate I got last year but now I remember. I'll try to not eat so much and if I do then I'll do a few more situps or something haha!  I forgot April fools day was today until I flipped to the next page of my Dilbert calendar! We are trying to think of something we can do to our flat mates.. they are on bikes so we we're going to steal them or something. We are running out of time though.. P-day ends at 1:30 today because of zone leader council. We'll see what we can do! 

I like what that guy said about pride. I read the preview in the Ensign about the teachings of Lorenzo Snow book and have been craving to read it for a long time, I finally got my hands on one this week and read out of it for personal study in a chapter about leadership in the church. It really humbled me. 

I'll keep that in mind about the comet for Thanksgiving! I always say to people that I wish we had more moons. Think how cool it would be to look up and see a bunch of different size, different color moons all over the sky. It would feel like Star Wars or something! 

I am super excited for General Conference! We don't get it for another two weeks though so don't give things away!!!!!!!! That's like spoiling a great movie!!! Just please refrain!! :) 

I hope you all have fun doing Easter egg hunts! I wish I could see the excited look on their faces! haha they always get so excited to find some eggs :) Tell everyone I say hi and send my love! :)

Until Next week!
 
Love, Elder Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment