Monday, May 20, 2013

April news from home

April 14, 2013

Dear Mom and Dad,

Hmm where to start?  This week started off pretty good then got really slow and then it was conference so we didn't get up to much and then we finished really strong Sunday night! I really liked conference though. I think my two favorite talks were President Monson's Sunday morning talk and also the talk by Elder Hales. I usually get put to sleep by him but this time it caught my attention! Thanks for the encouragement to be a zone leader. I really need that. I'm just starting to get melancholy and apathetic toward other missionaries but that helps me realize that I just need to do my best. Oh I figured my kangaroo case would get taken. I'll see if I can find another one maybe,  it will be all good as long as I get to pet it every once in a while. It is so soft :) Ha ha!!

I got to talk on the phone with Tanner (wow that's weird I haven't been able to call him that for the last more than a year!) the night before he left. He was pretty excited :)  thats understandable. I am trying not to get trunky! I have only 7 1/2 months left. Can you believe that? I prepared a few questions to be answered by conference and a few were about guidance for the future at home and I got answered on them, but I try not to think about it too much. The mothers day phone call is soon! That will be my last one! Which reminds me I still need to finish my visa papers. What I need you guys to do for me is scan my mission call and send me the digital copy of it. I need it for my visa extension. 

One thing I've always been impressed with you guys and the whole family is every week I hear about some kind of service that you give. That is so awesome! There is no other way to be more Christlike than serving others. Two of the best ways I think to strengthen a testimony of the Savior is to do missionary work and to serve the needs of other people. The good feeling you get from selflessly serving someone is irreplaceable by anything! I especially want to express my gratitude to you mom and dad for raising me and also providing for me to serve a mission. I am also grateful for Grandpa & Sheila for their sacrifice in helping support me on my mission.  Grandpa & Sheila are always helping others as is Uncle John.  I have heard about and seen the many people they serve and some of those people have been us.  Good on them! The people I help everyday are only being served because of your selflessness and the examples I have seen and heard about. That's a big deal. Thank you so much for what you do. Me, the Lord and his children are very thankful for it! 

I should be getting my package tomorrow at zone conference. I'm really looking forward to it :) Oh yeah we did do lazer tag last week and I smashed everyone! We are going today but to a different place where it is $15 for unlimited bowling and lazer tag! booyeah! Wish me luck!

Love, Elder Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment