Sunday, April 14, 2013

Marching into new seasons

March 25, 2013
 
Dear Mom and Dad,

So transfers happened this week... and I am now in an area called Minchinbury! :) I got moved to be the Zone Leader in the Penrith zone. My companion is Elder Robinson. He used to be in the Mortdale zone with me. I have always thought it would be awesome to be his companion and now I am! I am also in the zone that I have always wanted to go to! It's the biggest zone in the mission. It covers an area probably a little smaller than Texas!  Most of it is the outback though and there's nothing out there! This zone borders with the Brisbane, Adelaide, and Melbourne missions! It also has the most remote area in the mission called Dubbo which is about 6 hours west of us here in Minchinbury which is about 1 1/2 hours west of the coast. It is awesome! I should be seeing a wild kangaroo soon :) I had an emotional experience in an accounting prayer I had with Heavenly Father the last night in Bankstown. I wept as I recounted all of the amazing experiences that I had and also for the experiences that I have had my whole life. It was really nice to feel His love and approval of the work that I have done for Him. I haven't cried in a long time! at least not like really crying. I am very, very excited to be here with Elder Robinson though. It is a new challenge andwe are ready to work hard and do everything we can, together.
Easter should be pretty good here. They have a huge easter celebration at the olympic park that goes for like 2 weeks, so this is a holiday they actually do good!

I've started working on the papers for the visa extention... there's ALOT of paperwork and a lot of stuff I have to fill out that I don't know so I will have to email those questions to you. I was going to do that today but with transfers and everything.. stuff is just hectic. I still haven't tried kangaroo! I will have to go buy some. I've heard it's really good though :)

Haven't seen a comet or anything.. haven't even heard about it! Sounds pretty cool, I don't know if I'll be able to see it though because we don't spend a lot of time outside during the night, speaking of which I think daylight saving is soon here. I'll have to check! 

Anyway, you can look up on the map how big my zone is, it's pretty crazy! :)
 
Talk to you next week! 

Love, Elder Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment