Friday, September 28, 2012

Feeling better

Hello again!

Yup so I'm definitely feeling better now. Sickness is pretty much gone. Just getting over the last of the cough and am starting to be able to sing again. :) Thats the worst part about being sick. You can't sing...
I will definitely be praying for Katie and Robert and family.
 
It's been another great, fast week for me! My core experience with God this week came in a lesson we had with an investigator who was referred by her best friend in Queensland. She has been really keen to meet up and learn and this last week we got to have our first real lesson with her. The lesson we taught was definitely not the usual restoration lesson that one would teach. It was all over the place. Our fellowshipping member helped out a lot too. Weird thing was, as thrown off as I was about not teaching a usual orderly lesson, the spirit was very strong! We didn't even share the story of the first vision with her and she ended up committing to be baptized on the 15th of September! It was amazing. She just knows how much the true gospel of Jesus Christ can do for her. She understands the peace and forgiveness behind repentance and baptism. She understands that she needs to be baptized by someone with authority. She understands that she can do work, right now, that will help her be with her loved ones, dead or alive, forever. It is so amazing to see someone receive so much light and hope and peace and joy from the gospel, even before she has partaken of everything it has to offer. This is truly a humbling experience for me and makes me realize what great gift God has given me. I never want to forget, or take for granted, the blessings and direction that I have in my life because of this wonderful gospel. This good news. I know that everything we share is true, and that it is all for the welfare of the souls of Heavenly Fathers children. He loves them and wants them back and I am grateful that he has chosen me to help do that work.

As a result of the mission conference, I have definitely been benefited by a revert to the basics of revelation. We learned so much just about the Holy Ghost and it's role in missionary work and also in future individual lives. I learned more about humility and faith. I was reminded about just how much help we need from Heavenly Father to do His work. This will come as a great benefit to me, and hopefully also as a benefit to the Zone. Elder Honeycutt and I have prayerfully seeked and received a lot of revelation of what we can do to help the zone. I trust that the Lord will lead us in our responsibilities as long as we humbly and prayerfully seek His guidance.

I'm excited for Makayla to get baptized. I have just one international stamp left for this month til I have new money to get more and I'll use that one to send her a letter. :) Tell Tia that I am still brushing and flossing twice a day. I have my floss sitting right on my study desk and sometimes floss my teeth just because I like to. haha

Let everyone know that I love them. I especially love you Mom and Dad. You have just done so much for me and made so much sacrifice for all 20 years of my life and even before that just so I could have a great life.  It really reflects the pure love of Christ and I wouldn't have it any other way. Love you so much. Take care til next week!

Love, Elder Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment