Saturday, February 2, 2013

Happy New Year

December 31, 2012

Dear Mom and Dad,

Great to hear from you again! :) This last week was really good! I enjoyed the phone call too! I expected it to be a lot harder to get back to work than it actually is. Right now I feel the most optimistic, pumped up, confident and ready for the rest of my mission. On the way down the hill I am going to continue to make every moment count. Transfer calls are this weekend. I have my fingers crossed that I stay here in Bankstown.  I love this area so much! If I stay then it will put me here for at least 7 1/2 months!! :) I could do longer too. I'm glad that Christmas was fun for you guys.  So tomorrow is New Year's  for you. I am already in 2013!! hahahaha yay! Didn't really do anything special.  Had to be back in the flat by 4:00 and then temple clean it. Went to bed at 10:30 but it was SO LOUD outside and in the unit below us.  At one point it was really loud and woke me up. I got up to go to the bathroom and the window was open and while I was standing there I heard "3, 2, 1... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!" hahahaha perfect timing. Everywhere was just rumbling with fireworks. It was pretty cool. Then I tried to go back to sleep. 

Glad to hear you all liked the letters. That was a convenient way of writing to everyone :) Oh yeah I got Terry's package! Tell thank you and I love it. I will write her a letter back. I'll just use our home address. How is Frank doing?

I really love the mantle! Looks really good! Better than I imagined, and you know I have a really good imagination :) I also see you have new family pictures up on the wall. That's always good to update hahaha.  I am really jealous of all the snow that you are getting. I was talking to Elder Bringhurst this morning about all of our traditions and things. I am really going to miss out on rabbit hunting. I think it was 6 years ago Tage and I had our adventure and this is the first year that I will miss it. Tell Tage when he pees to make sure he spells E.T. in the snow for me.  That'll be a good enough ritual. haha 

I am really looking forward to working hard for the Lord this next year. I know the church is true and that we're on God's side. There's no way to lose! :)  Have a good week!

Love, Elder Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment