Saturday, February 2, 2013

Happy veterans day

Hello again! 

This week has definitely not been a boring one! Lot's of success personally and mission wise. So Dee DID get baptised on your birthday! What a way to celebrate. The baptism was packed and the spirit was strong.  Everything was organized so well and couldn't have gone any better! 

My core experience with God this week was from being able to perform my first ever live saving ordinance! A confirmation for Dee in sacrament. I have done heaps of baptisms and confirmations for the dead, but this is my first time ever for someone who is alive still. I prayed all week, and I fasted to have the spirit with me and when the time came, the spirit was strong and the confirmation was powerful. I am so grateful to have been involved in such a great work. When Dee was baptised, he said, "I feel light as a feather" and when he was confirmed he afterward said "I feel strong". I thought that was an interesting way and also very accurate way to describe what I could feel as well. This past week has been a huge huge experience and has helped me a lot.

I have learned charity and love this week in an interesting way.. The lady underneath our flat, in the morning, when she heard us make a thud on the ground from the chair, she thought we were dropping weights on the ground. She came up, threw open out door, walked right in and started screaming at us.... that was crazy. I guess long story short, we have done our best to show love to her even though she totally violated our privacy. Weird things do happen! I'm so jealous that you got snow!! It is fun here to be able to describe snow to people, they have no idea what it is like. Actually I am not very excited that summer is coming up because it is going to get ridiculously hot. When you always have to wear dress clothes, that is not a happy thing.  I actually like it when it rains because it cools off.. Oh and out air con is broken.. yay!! oh well, at least there is no hurricane. 

That experience with those people at Sams club is pretty funny. That just brings loads of memories back from the DI... 
"ok so you bought this giant entertainment center?" 
"yes" 
"ok well what are we loading it on to" 
"well.... I have my motorcycle?"   .............................................................
ok so maybe is was never that bad but sometimes pretty close! 

People here have no clue what thanksgiving is.. what a shame. No official mission thing happens for it but the Harpers (the senior couple in our zone) are having us all over for a turkey and ham dinner with home made pumpkin pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YUMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My camera is doing fine now, I just put some lithium batteries in it and lowered the resolution. It is working like a champ now. Lithium batteries are much more expensive but don't be scared, they are 1,000,000,000% better. Do that and it should work fine :)

Nothing from Tia yet.. I don't know what to do about that. Did she send it to the mission office? 

Alright, well I'd better get going, I'll attach a few pictures real quick. Have a great week!! 

Love, Elder Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment